Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ron, I have a 94 bronco XLT with a few oddities. Starting to…

Customer Question
Ron, I have a 94...
Ron, I have a 94 bronco XLT with a few oddities. Starting to think that it is mostly related to the cluster/psom. Periodic hard shifting, which always occurs at higher than normal rpm's. Tail lights that turn on sometimes an hour or so after car is parked. Failing gauges. Gauge problems seemed to begin after I changed all those bulbs. Any help you can give me would be great.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Forgot to mention, that there is also a repeating alarm that keeps going off randomly. It's not he obnoxious buzzer, not the open door sound.
12/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician

What bulbs in particular have been replaced?

The various bulbs behind the speedometer, tachometer, etc. All but a few of those were blown. When I re-attached and put the dash back together, the battery gauge was no longer working. Then, the next evening the car wouldn't start. Thought it was the fuel pump. Filled the gas tank and then it started. Drove home. Drove the next morning. Hard shifting in all gears at approx 500 rpm's higher than normal into each gear. Left it on in park for about an hour. Came back out, was still running, but speedometer and odometer not working. Got it back home, and then it would not start again. Later that afternoon, the tail lights turned on for some reason.

The bulbs in the cluster are not always the same did you match your bulb numbers?

sounds like maybe the cluster was shorted and blew all bulbs to begin with,i need more info from the beginning of the issue to where you are now

questions are answered until completely satisfied and rating is given

Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician