Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 6.0 powerstroke, bullydog tuner, egr delete…

Customer Question
hi james, i have a...
hi james, i have a 2005 6.0 powerstroke, bullydog tuner, egr delete with egr still plugged [email protected],xxx miles, #7 went out,s had it replaced with factory injector from ford master tech, ran [email protected] 114,xxx miles,truck just stop while accelerating from a red light, which the problem was the ipr screen, had a little tear on the screen, i replaced it with ford factory screen along with the o-rings on ipr, Fired right up and ran better then [email protected] miles, approximately 600 miles after ipr screen replacement, i drove to work and parked it for about 5 hours and came back to start as usual and she didnt want to start, i did notice a longer crank in the morning tho, outside temp was about 50 degrees in the morning..this is what my readings are from Torque scanner...koeo:ficm-v 48.5
ficm sync 0.0
icp-v 0.2
ipr 14.7
hpop 9.1while cranking:
ficm-v 48.5
ficm sync 1.0
icp-v 0.5
ipr 83.9
hpop 324.9 maxlow pressure oil pump is working, checked by cranking till the factory gauge moved up..
not sure if the stc fitting or dummy plugs have been updated yet..i appreciate any help and knowledge you give me,
thank you,
alvin
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Christopher Jirak,
 replied 6 months ago
Christopher Jirak

hello my Name is ***** ***** I will assist you tonight. based off the values and description provided. you have a high pressure oil leak for sure. it is possible the IPR is bad and not operating if all you did was replace the o rings and screens. easy to test you can jumper the solenoid with 12v at the two pin connector you should be able to hear it click on and off as voltage is applied. worth a thought. 05 you could have a leak at the h/p oil pump to branch tube connection. they created an update in 06. it is most common to have a leak present at the pump to branch tube fitting or the h/p oil rail dummy plugs and branch tubes. the o rings rot out. if the vehicle will start cold and wont re start hot most likely it is a dummy plug w/a small leak. more so with the pump to branch tube its typically a no start. I hope this information is helpful if so feel free to rate me. thanks Chris J.

It doesn't start at all.. I'm trying to pin point the problem. I know it's a leak, I don't want to replace parts I don't need too, the cost is a little too much for me to change, ipr valve, dummy plugs, stc, and pump, it will cost me a lot of $$$ I know if I change all this she will start.. I already knew that.. I'm just trying to save some $$ ur the master tech, what should I change first.. you didn't even advise me to do an air test.. I use to be a certified smog tech so I know how motors work, I use to rebuild gas motors, I'm semi new to diesels.. I giving me info that I just gave u.. my question is what do u see from my koeo and my cranking values
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I see you have opted ou the other tech. An air test to find the leak is the next step. Do you need those directions?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris