Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have 2008 Ford F-150, need help to make repair on Electrical…

Customer Question
Have 2008 Ford F-150, need...
Have 2008 Ford F-150, need help to make repair on Electrical issue. Truck runs fine but the following equipment is not working:
Instrumpet panel & gauges, power windows, radio and air conditioning compressor.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The instrument cluster controls the accessory delay relay which controls all the other things not working. So the cluster is to blame here. You need to know why the cluster is not working. Is it missing power or ground or is the cluster itself faulty? If you can remove the cluster and do some electrical tests with my help we can then move forward on this.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris