Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have flashers but no then signals, what harness should I…

Customer Question
I have flashers but...

I have flashers but no then signals, what harness should I be looking at?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2001 expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fused

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

And yes I am

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Looked at both

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

So you have flashers but no turn signals?

I was looking a post you were dealing with before, it says I need to look at a harness because the harness is too tight and could have been pulled out. What harness is it and where is it located

If in fact, you have a problem with the harness being stretched to tight it will be at the multi-function switch at the connector that plugs int it. You will need to remove the cover behind the steering wheel to check it. If the wire looks okay and are in place then I would check the multi-function switch. Usually, if the connection is okay and you have flashers working the common other problem is a failing multi-function switch. I have enclosed the steps in the link below to test the switch if need as well as the wiring diagram for testing reference. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuno82v1crrooew/Turn%20signal%20testing%20Dec%2028.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l22zd2sfx4vdu9/TS%20wiring%20Dec%2028.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.