Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Power Windows. 2011 f150 xl. When you put a fuse in it blows…

Customer Question
Power Windows Mechanic's Assistant:...

Power Windows

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2011 f150 xl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

When you put a fuse in it blows right away

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

So..... I took both door switches out.... fuse blew

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THEN left both switches unplugged AND proceeded to unplug what I believe was the Regulator(small plug sat in the middle of door)....... put fuse in.....it blew

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

DO you know the number of the fuse or what is labeled in the cover

According to manual ..1 and 3..30amps.. Those are not blownThe one that blows is ..32. 15amp

ok let me look that up and see if can figure something out, be right back

This after both switches unplugged AND some plus in middle of door..in Tshape

which fuse panel are you in ?

The corner passenger 2011 f 150 Xl 2 DR
Kick panel
The Manual say...Delayed Accesory... what's that mean. Could that #49 Relay. Delayed Accesory ......does do those to Relate
32 fuse in Manual say. Delayed Accesory, power windows

ok im looking it up now thanks and yes that is connected to that relay

ok at the 32 fuse remove it with power on what voltage are getting at the terminal ?

you should only have voltage at one of the terminals

It's 930 at night. What are you thi king could be wrong IF?
What's i n the path according to the wiring diagram that is or could be causing that fuse 2 blow

there is a short somewhere, I can send you the diagram if you would like?

I would suspect in one of the motors

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3q4u9tzvwrvx8v/printout.docx?dl=0

let me know if your able to open it

Exactly. From where or what area. is there a Power Window Relay somewhere on that model.? The truck is New used off Ford Dealership lot. So everything is factory. What possibility you got.?

the left or right window motor, the relay for that is before the fuse, it could be that too but I doubt it, thats why we need to do some tests to find out,

Do you know where that relay is that is before..... The Power 30 amps to each windows doesn't blow
Could #49 be the problem

its the accessory delay relay, and its hard to tell with out doing any electrical tests, if your unable to do tests you can only unplug things, so try unplugging the motors and see if it blows

Where is the motors and where are the Regulators can you send a pic of what I'm looking for please

its the window motors in both front doors, just remove the panels and unplug

And I have already sent you a location of everything in the circuit, were you not able to open it?

Ok. Thanks

sure thing

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!