Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have the dash removed but cannot seem to figure out how…

Customer Question
We have the dash removed...
We have the dash removed but cannot seem to figure out how to get the hvac housing loose. Any tips on getting it out?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
12/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 5 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Directions are below. I am looking for a diagram to show the nut and bolt locations , but dont see one yet. There are 3 nuts and 1 bolt on the engine side of the firewall and 2 nuts on the inside

Removal and Installation

All vehicles

1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.

2. Recover the refrigerant.

3. Drain the engine primary cooling system.

4. Drain the engine coolant.

5. Remove the instrument panel.

6. Remove the RH fender splash shield.

7. Remove the Thermostatic Expansion Valve (TXV) fitting nut and disconnect the fitting.
- Discard the gasket seals.

- To install, tighten to 15 Nm (133 lb-in).

8. Disconnect the 2 heater hoses at the dash panel.

Diesel vehicles with electric heater

9. Remove the electric heater battery cable ground cable nut at the negative battery terminal.

10. Detach the 2 electric heater positive battery cable pin-type retainers from the battery tray.

11. Disconnect the electric heater battery cable positive electrical connector.

All vehicles

12. Remove the 3 heater core and evaporator core housing exterior nuts.
- To install, tighten to 7 Nm (62 lb-in).

13. Remove the heater core and evaporator core housing exterior bolt.

14. Remove the 2 heater core and evaporator core housing interior nuts.

15. Remove the heater core and evaporator core housing.

16. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- install new gasket seals.

- Add the correct amount of clean PAG oil to the refrigerant system.

Diesel vehicles

17. NOTICE: Evaluate the cooling system condition before filling the engine cooling system. Failure to follow these instructions can result in damage to the engine.
Evaluate the cooling system condition.

18. Fill and bleed the cooling system.

19. Evacuate, leak test and charge the refrigerant system.

Ok wow . I guess I jumped into the deep end without flloaties. Guess I will put it back together and let dealer ship fix it.

HI,

Yeah, it is a bear to do. Bears repeating, a poor design in my opinion.

The fan just quit working and I checked all fuses and relays etc. Would not be happy if all this an it is not the resistor.

HI,

Ok, did you check for 12v at the blower motor connector with the fan switch on high?