Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pushing water out the overflow change everything on coolant…

Customer Question
Pushing water out the...

Pushing water out the overflow change everything on coolant system so has to be head

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

245000 f250 5.4

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F250?

99

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Water pump temp sensor head temp sensor thermastat heater core even flushed the system with the flush still it pushes out the overflow everytime

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When i take the thermostat houseing off i hear pressure release out of the motor

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
12/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Have you performed a block test to check for a blown head gasket?

Did presure test on the coolant system did not pull plugs and do a block test

If you pushing coolant out and you have pressure in the block then the next step would be to run a block test. This will tell you if in fact, you have hydrocarbons (engine exhaust) entering the cooling system due to a failing head gasket. You do not need to pull the spark plugs to do this test, you will need to have them in and the engine running.See the video in the link below to do this testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4FoUc6fRNs

Ron, ASE Certified Technician