Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have to replace the HVAC control module in a 2009 Ford…

Customer Question
I have to replace...

I have to replace the HVAC control module in a 2009 Ford Flex, and cannot seem to locate the module in the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Flex yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have removed the touch-screen, radio, and controls, to determine the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the device aftermarket, or did it come with the vehicle?

The Climate control is stuck on Defrost/AC/Fan Hi The vehicle is a 2009 FLEX Limited. I have owned it since new.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's probable adequate to start.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
12/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The HVAC control module is mounted under the dash above the glove compartment. I am sending a diagram to help you locate it.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already found that diagram, the module is NOT there which is why I posed the question. I was told of the $5 (refundable)? deposit, not the $30 charge on my card for useless information, which I will NOT honor..

I will open your question back up for the other techs. You will possibly get a tech who has had to replace it if it's not where the ford service manual says it is. Please don't rate or reply as it will lock the question back to me.

Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 month ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, can you post the 17 digit VIN number so I can check the information based on the build date of the vehicle? If you replace this module it must be programmed for it to work using a dealer style scan tool if it is a dual zone electronic climate control system.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The car has gone to the dealer for service.

Ok,

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans