Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2017 Raptor, When I turn off the truck the parking…

Customer Question
I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 Raptor , When I turn off the truck the parking lights stay on for a long time, How do I adjust the time on this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Parking lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Ford?

Raptor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything. I am thinking it is a setting adjustment

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: Fix It Man, Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** there is not a manual setting that you can change to have them turn off sooner. This is a programming issue within the vehicles body control module. The timing in the module would need to be changed with a Ford scan tool. You would need to either take it to the dealer or to a shop that has this scan tool that would be willing to do it. From my experience most dealers will not do it as they refuse to change anything from the factory setting. If you check around or if you have a good relationship with your dealer they may do it for you. I wish they made it easier but they do not. I hope this gives you a little direction on this. If you need anything else please let me know as I strive for an excellent rating. Thank you.

Fix It Man
Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician