Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

99 all wheel drive expedition.the front drivers side wheel…

Customer Question
99 all wheel drive...

99 all wheel drive expedition.the front drivers side wheel locks as if in 4wheel when driving on hiway.selecter is in all wheel at the time

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Excellant

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Expedition?

1999

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will. I am just diagnosing it now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No.but I have an engagement to attend and will get back to you in a few hrs.thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do have a power probe for testing ?

Do you have a test light so we can check for spark ?

Do you have fuel pressure tester to check for fuel ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent to retrieve faults codes for vehicle modules ?

ok sounds good, let me know when you get back and we work on it