Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2008 6.4 powerstroke. No crank no start. Jump the battery…

Customer Question
2008 6.4 powerstroke. No crank...
2008 6.4 powerstroke. No crank no start. Jump the battery and it cranks but will not fire. Got a code b1342. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry we jumped the starter and it would crank but not start.
12/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an Automotive Technician for over 15 years.

I was able to find the code, and very little repair information from Ford. I have attached their DTC troubleshooting information for this code as it relates to starting to this message.

Also I would like to confirm which module this code is being retrieved from?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe it had something to do with the satellite audio module.
Ford Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago

Once again, Ford is very vague with their troubleshooting for this code. I have attached the DTC troubleshooting for the ACM (audio control module)

Also was the no start a problem after reprograming, or did you reprogram to attempt to fix the no start issue?

Ford Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago

sorry here is that attachment

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We reprogrammed to attempt to fix the issue. The program has been on truck for 2.5 years with no issue. We also have several other lost communication codes as follows. U0115, U0100, U0101
Ford Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago

ok if you clear the codes do they all return?

Also did you have a battery charger on the vehicle when programming it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We did have battery charger on vehicle when programming. After clearing codes, the one that constantly returned was the b1342. I believe the u codes were due to reprogramming.
Ford Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago

OK just wanted to confirm that, thanks. ***** the U codes didn't return there most likely are from reprogramming.

I would just like to start from the begining, I will send you Ford's troubleshooting guide on how to proceed with a no-start.

I am sure you have already done many or most of these tests, but there may be something that was overlooked that they recommend inspecting.

Let me know what results you get from the tests.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you send me the ignition switch component test
Ford Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago

here you go

nelson freitas
nelson freitas
nelson freitas