Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car runs and drives for a while then shuts down replaced…

Customer Question
The car runs and...

The car runs and drives for a while then shuts down replaced the fuel filter. replaced the fuel pump relay and I believe pcm relay.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 explorer 5.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

A guy at work is helping me. fuel pump relay the relay behind it I believe the pcm power and fuel filter. no dash lights will come on now and won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Low budget

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 7 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Does the engine currently start and run?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Are there any codes in the computer?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

It was running earlier today now it won't start and nothing on the dash no gauges or lights.

Thank you for that information. Have you checked the fuses?

Have you checked for codes?

Hello? Are you there sir?