Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH THE TRANSMISSION ON A 2009

I AM CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING...

I AM CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH THE TRANSMISSION ON A 2009 LINCLON MKS 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION FWD

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

JUST RECENTLY IT SAID LOW BUT THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN RE-OCCURING. I TOOK IT INTO A TRANSMISSION SHOPE AND WAS TOLD THAT IT HAS NO LEAKS PUT INTERNAL CONCERNS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKS yourself? What have you tried so far?

WHEN I ADD FLUID THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY FOR A PERIOD OF TIME

12/26/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

How often are you having to add fluid?

What type of problems are you having with the transmission?

I would every 500 miles or so the repair warning light comes on and the vehicle stops pulling. When shifting from park to drive there is a hard engagement

So once you added the fluid the problem clears?

for a period of time

Well, you likely have two issue here, if you're having to add fluid then it has to be leaking someplace, a transmission will not use fluid like an engine and if you're having to add fluid then you do have a leak. They need to recheck that again. As for the hard engagement, Ford has released a service bulletin dealing with this that calls for updating the computer systems software. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. I would still have them recheck for a leak if you're having to add fluid as well as having the computer updated.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ka035lxiif6tmvp/Harsh%20shift%20Dec%2026.pdf?dl=0

What is the normal cost to pay to have the computer updated?

Most dealers will do this for 1 hour in labor. No parts are required beside the updated software with should be included.

What is turbine speed sensor circuit is this related to the computer software?

The turbine speed sensor measures the turbine shaft speed and is not related to the computer software. If you have a problem with the sensor the computer will detect it and set a fault code.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician