Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hesitation on acceleration at times after being warmed

Customer Question
Hesitation on acceleration at...

Hesitation on acceleration at times after being warmed up,acts like water in the gas or a clogged gas filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts fine, but after a few minutes of running, it pings on a hard load. After a few minutes, the pinging goes away, but then the hesitation is there. Like it's running too lean maybe

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 Taurus x

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would try, and did try using dry gas in the tank to get the water out, but that didn't work. There isn't any filter on this car, so can't change it. Are there problems with the throttle body or the fuel pump in this car?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Didn't have this problem until recently.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Current miles and all repairs done in the past 75k miles?

Any warning lights on?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

The car has 145000 miles on it, with no service lights on. But, P0420 just came on in the last few days also. So, maybe it's running too lean at times. Fuel pressure check required next?

Can you list all the past repairs done in the previous 75K miles?