Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 ford escape changed front pads without computer now…

Customer Question
2006 ford escape changed...

2006 ford escape changed front pads without computer now cant get rid of code c1525

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

C1525 snap on scanner into air bleed and acuator test

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a shop we have all diac equipment

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Diag equipment . do we needc to reprogram now

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

You don't need computer to change brake pads so it sounds like problem is not related. This code either means abs module needs to be reprogrammed or replaced so try to reprogram it and if that doesn't help it needs to be replaced. let me know if you have questions, thanks.

my snap on scanner say you must have key on , aply brake, release change pads , then apply brake again release and it will pragramm position

Give me a few minutes and I'll check to see what manual describes as "IVD Initialization sequence"

What engine does vehicle have?

1.3
sorry 2.3 hybrid

When working on hybrid vehicles, there is a very specific brake bleed procedure that needs to be followed, the Ford Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) scanner is the only scanner that has worked correctly on a consistent basis. Here is procedure you need to try if it doesn't work I think you are going to be forced to have vehicle brought to dealer. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b57b2lxn71cx1mb/bleed.pdf?dl=0

You are wrong .yes you do need computer
I fixed rhis vehicle for less than 20 bucks

Good to hear

What did you do for fix if you want to share?