Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to find the right gasket for my 2008 ford mustang...

Customer Question
Trying to find the...

Trying to find the right gasket for my 2008 ford mustang... coolant seems to be leaking from hose coming from radiator, right at the connection to the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Saleen Mustang. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That's all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, I need to know the exact size of your engine and is this the upper or lower radiator hose

v6, upper hose

Ok, the upper hose connects to the thermstat outlet.

So is it leaking at the hose to thermostat outlet connection, or from where the thermostat outlet bolts to the thermostat housing

bolts to housing

ok, give me a couple of minutes to get the part number you need

thanks

HI,

You may be having a problem trying to find just the right gasket, which is an o-ring, to fit because Ford doesnt list just the gasket/o-ring by itself with its own part number. Which means that the aftermarket ones made are likely a bad fit.

Ford sells the housing, thermostat and gasket/o-ring as one unit.

Part number is ***** and lists for under $25.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager