Ford

Connect one-on-one with a verified ford mechanic who will answer your question

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

More related answers
All ford mechanics are VERIFIED
I have 03 7.3. after warming and driving a few minutes it
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
i have 03 7.3. after warming and driving a few minutes it quits entirely and wont start till it cools off and then starts fine but quits again. no codes afterwards.… read more
1992 Ford F150: two fuel tanks and 5 liter engine..stalling..000 miles
Eric, Retired
We have a 1992 Ford F150 with two fuel tanks and 5 liter engine. It has started running rough and sometimes stalling recently. The truck only has about 82,000 miles on it. The behavior is as if it is … read more
1997 f 250: miles on it, and its a four wheel drive..v
Mike S.
Mike S., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
dear sirs, i have a 1997 f 250 heavy duty pick-up with only 129,000. miles on it, and its a four wheel drive . its also a 7.5 v-8. my problem is that when i start the engine, it starts to smoke a litt… read more
my truck idled for about 3 min then died..start back
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
my truck idled for about 3 min then died and will not start back up, it only just turns over and over but no fire… read more
1999 ford f-250: super duty..code...any power going to the pcm
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hi i have a 1999 ford f-250 super duty. I am getting a p0603 fault code.I do not seem to have any power going to the pcm when the key is off to maintain memory.… read more
f350: powerstroke..leak or smoke, could it be the turbo..accelerator
lostrider
lostrider, lead technician/working shop foreman
i have an f350 powerstroke 7.3 1997 model, and after using it for about 200 miles in a period of 3 or 4 days it had a missing of 6 quarters of oil in the engine, it does not leak or smoke, could it be… read more
1997 f 250: turbo..injection..diesel..my truck died on the freeway
RJ
RJ, Ford Tech
how does the engine shut down on 1997 f 250 turbo direct injection diesel my truck died on the freeway and wil not start… read more
97 f-250: powerstroke..diesel..it all back together it wounldnt start
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
i recently pulled off the high pressure oil pump on my 97 f-250 powerstroke diesel, when i put it all back together it wounldnt start. the oil resivor is full n there is a camshaft sensor intermittant… read more
1997 ford f-250: crank..wont start..the check engine light
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
1997 ford f-250 powerstroke will crank over but won't start. the check engine light and wait to start blink. any ideas?… read more
1995 Ford F350: diesel turbo..leak..There is no blow by
lostrider
I have a 1995 Ford F350 diesel turbo and I am using a lot of oil. There does not seem to be a leak. There is no blow by. No oil in the exhaust. I check the turbo and it is ok. I was told it could be t… read more
my 6.0L powerstroke diesel wont start...injectors and glow plugs
mcc1228
mcc1228, Licensed Automotive Technician
My 6.0L powerstroke diesel wont start. The injectors and glow plugs have been replaced recently. is it the fuel pump… read more
I have a 2002 F450 7.3 dump truck w/34,000 miles. The engine
Ray M.
Ray M., Diesel Technician
I have a 2002 F450 7.3 dump truck w/34,000 miles. The engine fails to restart when warm. There is no set pattern to this. The engine turns over, all dash warning lights appear to be working. The truck… read more
96 F-450: 7.3 powerstroke..Truck has 49,000 miles on it...tool
lamontgomery
lamontgomery, Ford Technician
I have a 96 F-450 7.3 Powerstroke. The Truck has 49,000 miles on it. I have done a full computor check with a snapon tool. All injectors are working. Fuel pressure is 50 psi at idel and 80 psi when ru… read more
i have a Ford F-350 2003 7.3 l diesel 4X4 crew cab...it ...
lamontgomery
lamontgomery, Ford Technician
i have a Ford F-350 2003 7.3 l diesel 4X4 crew cab...it will not start...turns over fine...made a long drive yesterday--500 miles, towing a 22 foot whaler--has always towed it fine...sounded fine when… read more
I have a 95 powerstroke and it will start running rough ...
lamontgomery
lamontgomery, Ford Technician
I have a 95 powerstroke and it will start running rough like it is starving for fuel, you can stop and let it idle for 15 or 20 seconds then floor it and it will blow some smoke out the tail pipe and … read more
1995 F 250: Turbo Diesel..My fan spins off of the water pump..tight
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I have a 1995 F 250 7.3 Turbo Diesel. My fan spins off of the water pump when I shut the engine off. If I lock tight the fan am I asking for more trouble? We have already replaced the fan clutch and t… read more
94 f 150: fuel injected..im getting fuel up to the rail..wont start
Fordster
Fordster, Mastertech
i have a 94 f 150 with a fuel injected strait six in im getting fuel up to the rail but it wont start i can start it if i dump fuel down the intake hose but it only runs for a sec and it was runnin fi… read more
1995 ford: deisel..the overdrive button on the shifter..leak
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
i have a 1995 ford 1 ton deisel with an automatic tranny in it. after aXXXXXthe overdrive button on the shifter starts blinking, then tranny fluid starts running the inspection plate. after it cools d… read more