Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 F250 Super Duty. Having difficulty removing air from…

Customer Question
2008 F250 Super Duty...

2008 F250 Super Duty. Having difficulty removing air from fuel system

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Diesel. Does not start at all. Pickup screen broke off fuel pickup line in tank causing me to run out of fuel. Replaced pickup screen in tank and both fuel filters but now cant get vehicle to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, repairing myself. Bled air with the shrader valve and also the banjo fitting on the fuel cooler numerous times. Did get truck to start once and it idled for 30 min. Oncei shut it off I'm back to the same no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 3 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** you tried cracking one of the fuel lines at an injector while cranking?
No, there is only one that is easily accessible and I hadn’t seen anything online that indicated to try that! From my past experience it was always to crack all them!
Try that because it is an effective way of getting air out of the fuel system. This will help determine if you have sufficient, clean fuel through the high pressure pump. If you have a fuel pressure gauge it would be a good idea to try to get a reading as well
6Bucs
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master