Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The red brake light keeps going on when I'm driving. I did…

Customer Question
The red brake light...

The red brake light keeps going on when I'm driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

I did check the brake fluid - it looks a little low - I think it was changed about 1 1/2 years ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have a friend who works on it...but it's Christmas. Is it dangerous to drive it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I can't think of anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/25/2017
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 7 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

do the brakes feel normal? can you add some fluid?