Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Bubbles in transmission fluid. Unsure looking to purchase.

Bubbles in transmission fluid ...

Bubbles in transmission fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

Unsure looking to purchase

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Ford focus w

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Focus?

Ford focus 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

No Just looking to possi my purchase

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/25/2017
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

any codes? does it shift normal? is the fluid red?

No codes it shifts normal the fluid is not red it does have some bubbles
It seams to vibrate on first gear and early second gear

heavy vibration from the trans?

There is no jerky shifting but yes, transmission
The dash SOUNDS LIKE IT VIBRATES ALOT

does it shake in park at idle or under rpms?

on idle in park for few second then sounds normal. When rev it and let go it stays at the rpms I let go on for a sec before it goes back down to where idle rpms.

i would check the motor mounts they are famous for vibrations on the focus.....if you think its tranny related then thast would point towards a bad torq converter

How do you think the converter went bad?
I'm.Che k the motor mounts.
I'll check the motor mounts.

they are not common for converter failure but age and miles are the biggest factor

if its the torque converter would it make the same vibration on
Park as it would on neutral when I rev?

no only in gear

if it vibrates in park its a motor mount

Thank you

hope you can rate my service 5 star

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Your a good mechanic
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy