Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

We have just installed a new starter and it will not turn…

Customer Question
We have just installed...

We have just installed a new starter and it will not turn over. We have check the power and it is getting power.

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

No Noise at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F150 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are fixing it ourselves. The startier stopped working the other day and we replaced it. It is still doing what it was the other day

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just we need all the help we can get

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
12/25/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 1 month ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

How much power are you getting down at the starter?

What size engine do you have?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
don't know, 5.4 v8' can't check the codes we don't have the device. no

Thank you for that information.

So is the starter getting voltage down to it with the key in the crank position or not?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we are getting power to the starter
we are going to remove the new starter and return it and reinstall the old starter since it does not seem to be the starter itself that is the problem..

Ok, sounds good let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will do thank you

You bet

Ron, ASE Certified Technician