Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I parked my truck then about an hour later i went and

Customer Question
I parked my truck...

I parked my truck then about an hour later i went and unlocked my door and my alarm started to go off. i put my key in the ignition and tried to start it but nothing. dash lights come on but it dont turn over or nothing. meanwhile my alarm continues to go off. my alarm button doesnt even stop it. it locks and unlocks but wont turn off the alarm

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Which fuse would i looking for

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 f-150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. ive tried disconnecting the battery, tried useing both keys. i even tried flipping a toggle switch that i found under the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have been having battery issues lately and i was trying to wait til after christmas to get a new one, maybe i shouldnt have waited

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 6 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the alarm going off, have you tried inserting the key in the door ,a nd locking and unlocking the door with the key?

with both keys

AND CAN YOU TURN THE ALARM OFF, WITH THE KEYFOB, WHEN ITS GOING OFF?