Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I WAS IDLING MY TRUCK TO WARM IT UP AND THEN SHUT IT OFF TO…

Customer Question
I WAS IDLING MY...

I WAS IDLING MY TRUCK TO WARM IT UP AND THEN SHUT IT OFF TO DO SOME WORK FOR MY DAUGHTER AND WHEN START IT AGAIN IT WOULD NOT START AND CRANKED SLOWER. I CHARGED THE BATTERIES AND ENDED UP REPLACING BOTH BUT STILL WILL NOT START. IT HAS BEEN RUNNING GREAT. JUST DROVE OVER 1000 MILES TO HELP MY DAUGHTER. I AM STRANDED NOW AND CANNOT FIND ANYONE TO TAKE A LOOK AT IT. I AM IN THE SEATTLE AREA NOW.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

YES IT HAS HALF A TANK

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

FORD 350 DIESEL 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

THE ONLY THING I DID WAS REPLACE THE BATTERIES AND I GAVE IT A SQUIRT OF ETHER WITH NO RESPONSE. I HAVE NOT NORMALLY TRIED TO FIX IT MYSELF

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ray M., Ford Master Tech replied 4 months ago
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech

Did it try to run after you gave it a shot of starting fluid?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician