Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm getting an error on the navigation screen "a system

Customer Question
I'm getting an error...

I'm getting an error on the navigation screen "a system fault has been detected and may cause the navigation to perform abnormally..."

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

171K and no

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 F 250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.4 diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cab?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just purchased for my son only pushed buttons so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Radio is working nav seems to be working but rear view camera is not. There is a nav disk present

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
12/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 5 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what question did you have specifically?

The screen on the radio/nav reads " A system fault has been detected that may cause the navigation to perform abnormally. Please contact your local ford dealer for assistance." Additionally the rear view camera is not working and I don't know if they are related problems

understood. did you want to know possible causes of this? what is your specific question?

Trying to troubleshoot this so Possible causes or steps to diagnose and fix

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

without access to a ford diagnostic computer, there isn't much you can do except check fuses, unhook the battery for an hour to reboot the system, and check wiring at the rear view camera.

if none of this helps, then there is either a software or hardware fault present, and you will need to have the vehicle scanned as a next step.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert