Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2004 Ford Taurus Ses Vulcan has codes PO153 PO430PO420 and…

Customer Question
2004 Ford Taurus Ses...

2004 Ford Taurus Ses Vulcan has codes PO153 PO430PO420 and PO511. Car stalls when pressing brakes. When IAC valve disconnected, car idles low.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Drives fine MIL light on. In reverse and at stop lights have to put in neutral to stop from stalling

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m afraid to throw parts at it ...recently replaced starter myself was told that power steering pump may be leaking. Also had a water pump replaced as well.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really just best way to ensure if I buy IAC valve anything else to check. i do hear a small hiss near the firewall drivers side.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
12/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

153 is for the heater circuit for bank 2 sensor 1. most likely an O2 sensor

420 is a cat code

430 is a cat code. the cats are worn out and need to be replaced. the precious metals inside are worn out and need to be replaced.

511 is IAC circuit output voltage. Make sure there is 12 volts to the iac with key on engine running and the other wire needs to be checked back to the pcm. if they are good, replace the iac motor.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

do you have any other questions???

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest