Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have lost my only key to my 2014 mustang and AAA has

Customer Question
I have lost my...

I have lost my only key to my 2014 mustang and AAA has opened my car but I have no idea how to disable the alarm

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

I have no back up key of any kind. I bought it used it came with only one key remote

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

The alarm has stopped sounding but I see the blue light still blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have tried locking and unlocking the car and leaving the care doors open while I try to figure out what to do in the interim

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

you will not be able to do anything without the factory key,

you will need to order a key from the dealer .

you might want to disconnect the battery so it does not die in the interim

sorry for this.

Lou

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech