Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 ford f250 with a 7.3. I have an issue with air in the…

Customer Question
2001 ford f250 with...

2001 ford f250 with a 7.3. I have an issue with air in the brake system and am trying to do a abs service bleed with my matco tools maximus 2.0 scan tool. It has the abs service bleed function, I was just wondering if any special steps are required when doing the service bleed other than depressing the brake to the floor?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?

Way past that. Is this a person or computer? already replace all pads and one caliper and that is when air entered the system,

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have bled the entire system numerous. Replace all pads and one bad caliper. Then replaced the mater cylinder because the system wouldn't bleed. I bentch bled the master cylinder.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/23/2017
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 6 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

the only requirement to do the bleed process is that there are no active codes in the abs system. if there are the procedure will not start.

have you tried clamping off the brake hoses and see if the pdal get high and hard??

Roy

are you there

any update