Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Power steering not working. dash notification said fault…

Customer Question
power steering not working...

power steering not working . dash notification said fault o9ccured. do I need to add fluid?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

No noise but it has been some time since checked

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 escape 4 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to but not real knowledgeable with the newer engines. should I add fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
12/23/2017
Ford Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 5 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

what is the vin of the car?