Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Abs light on in my 2005 expedition. In all wheel drive. not…

Customer Question
Abs light on in...

Abs light on in my 2005 expedition. In all wheel drive. not sure what I should do

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just abs light

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing; my daughter has car and light came on while driving on highway

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Needed to replace front and rear brakes but only replaced front

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This most likely means one of the wheel speed sensors are failing, it is not a serious problem. This would cost around $150 to have replaced at a shop. First step to figuring out problem is having diagnostic codes checked which can be done at your local parts store for free. Once you get the codes you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees. With codes I can give you common/possible problems, testing/repair instructions, and costs. Vehicle is still perfectly fine to drive and brakes will work fine, just not the anti lock function. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.

Dan, Technician