Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Changed high pressure oil pump and engine does not crank.

Customer Question
Batteries and starter are good...
changed high pressure oil pump and engine does not crank. Batteries and starter are good, but will not turn over. 2006 F250 6.0
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
12/23/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 2 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Do you have a scanner to see what the oil pressure is doing on the rail at the ICP during the cranking?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

The truck won't turn over at all, it locked up for some reason

Oh...

Do you hear the starter trying to engage? If so, then oil from the high pressure rail dumped into a cylinder and needs to evacuated out. That also tells me if you didn't pull the rail, you have a bad seal on the injector that filled the piston chamber. I see that a LOT on the pump jobs.

Pull the glow plugs and see which one has the oil in it. Use a vacuum to suck it or remove the fuel pump relay, crank, and let it squirt the oil out.

Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 month ago

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Do you need more time to resolve the issue?

Jeremy
Jeremy