Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just bought a 2000 Expedition with all wheel drive and it…

Customer Question
Hi, I just bought...

Hi, I just bought a 2000 Expedition with all wheel drive and it doesn't disengage. It consequently hops and skips when turning at low speed. The previous owner says the shift motor on thye transfer case was changed.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Its the original. no leaking that I can see

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just got it yesterday, so nothing trid yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, the rest seems fine.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 6 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you ever had the transfer case serviced?