Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Three problems. Will not shift out of park,brake lights not…

Customer Question
Three problems. Will not...

Three problems. Will not shift out of park,brake lights not on, and cruise control will not disengage unless brake is fully depressed

Mechanic's Assistant: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?

Cruise works fine. when brake is slightly pressed as normally needed to disengage cruise will only accelerate as speed is decreased

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fyi nothing yet. I bought a brake light switch but have not installed it yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. I know there is a pressure switch for the cruise control but I do not know if they are interconnected

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Each of these issues points to a bad brake switch, or out of adjustment.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

It seems to me from a visual that there is only one place that the switch will fit, I do not see an adjustment

It says that your call payment has failed, but you can still rate me here and now and keep our link in case you have any more questions later on.

Then the switch has to be bad.Some were adjustable. Each issue you have has to do with that switch.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Are there any more questions for me a his time in chat?

Thanks again, Ron

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor