Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 08 ford f150 5.4L special edition foose. i repair…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a 08 ford f150 5.4L special edition foose. i repair right hand cylinder head, and now truck shake but no codes be found, truck i will got it next year any other help i can get.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

I got no codes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

This truck is from my friend, and i repair right hand cylinder head.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that truck shake and lock of power, this truck as a supercharger.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you have the ability to run a compression test on all cylinders?

Not at this time I will be get it back until next year but í want to get ideas were begening

I would start with a compression test to see if the engine is internally sound. Then I would run a power balance test to see which cylinders are producing less power than the others. Once that is known you can check that cylinders valves, injector, plug and coil.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris