Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

04 f150 will not start. It cranks over ifne somestimes it…

Customer Question
04 f150 will not...

04 f150 will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

It cranks over ifne somestimes it will start but die after 15 seconds or so

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

And the I getp2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

P2106

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
12/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Do you have any other codes or service warning lights on in the dash?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
p2106
p0320
p2006

Okay. P2106 is for the computer went into failure mode and all other codes should be fixed first. I will look up the other codes and get back in a minute.

The code P0320 is for the crankshaft position sensor and code P2006 is for the intake manifold runner control problem.

Did you have any of these codes fixed yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, ive watch the rpm speed while cranking it or while its running and it seems very accurate.
the p2006 shouldn't cause it not to start should it?

If the crank sensor does not give a signal it can cause a hard start or no start or stall. The intake runner control if in wrong position or leaks can cause hesitation or low power on take off.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can view the rpm with the scan toll and it seems to be working good

Do you have the 4.6 or 5.4. You may not see any problems in the data of the crank sensor by looking at the rpms since it gives the computer a lot more data than see on screen. If you got a code for it and sensor is cheap and easy to replace I would recommend replacing it first.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
5.4

Okay. Start with the crank sensor and clear codes and see if other codes come back for the intake manifold runner control.

For the P2006 the most common repair is replacement of the intake manifold. This is why i suggest replacing the crank sensor first unless you want to replace both. The intake internal flaps will bind and cause the P2006. Either of these problems will cause engine to go into failure mode and store code P2106.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Do you have any other questions for me?

Can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for assisting you and can then close out question. Thanks you and have a Happy Holiday.

If you have no other questions for me then please enter a 5 star rating so I get credit for assisting you and can then close out question for you. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Jaybird61
Jaybird61