Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

4wd light flashes on my 2007 Ford escape. The 4wd light.

Customer Question
4wd light flashes on...

4wd light flashes on my 2007 Ford escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The 4wd light. Sometimes it blinks. Then it will stay on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes haven’t started anything yet. Trying to figure out where to start

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
12/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Have you noticed the ABS light as well? or is it flashing too? or is it just the 4wd light? thank you.

Just the 4wd light

Alright, it's got a code stored in the control module. Does it blink all the time, or does it blink like 5 or 6 times every few minutes? Have you pulled the negative battery terminal yet to see if that cleared the codes?

I have scanned the car. Don’t get any codes
It stays on. Not blinking

Alright, If it has no codes, It would be difficult for me to determine what is going on from here. Let me opt out in case another expert has seen this exact problem. Thank you!

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Would you mind if I gave this concern a shot?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician