Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 Ford e450, fuse 2.10 keeps blowing. No brake lights,

Customer Question
dash, climate, or running lights...
2006 Ford e450, fuse 2.10 keeps blowing. No brake lights, dash, climate, or running lights. Tan and white wire in switch has power before fuse blows.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Once replaced, how long does the fuse last? Is there a particular thing used or turned on which blows the fuse immediate?

The fuse blows instantly when the headlight switch is turned on, the headlights still work. It seems as though there is a short in the brown wire coming out of the headlight switch, position R.

Thanks, ***** ***** the diagrams now.

If you remove the brown wire from the headlamp switch and replace the fuse, does the fuse fail anymore with the headlights turned on?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Ron, ASE Certified Technician