Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Running lights stay on after turning off / stay on all night…

Customer Question
Running lights stay on...

Running lights stay on after turning off / stay on all night ugh !

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Mirror lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2015 Platinum Truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took dealer can’t get me in Holidays till Jan 4

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Working do not have time to go back to dealer today

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

First make sure the headlight switch is in off position and not auto function. If this does not turn off lights then you most likely have a defective body control module. In order to turn off the lights without disconnecting battery until you can get to dealer to get fixed you can remove the fuse 55 (40 amp) in the engine compartment fuse box to shut off lights when parked for the night.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for assisting you and can then close out question. Thanks you and have a Happy Holiday.

Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 3 months ago

If you have no other questions for me then please enter a 5 star rating so I get credit for assisting you and can then close out question for you. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Jaybird61
Jaybird61