Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2014 escape 1.6 ecoboost the I have changed the…

Customer Question
I have a 2014 escape...
I have a 2014 escape 1.6 ecoboost the I have changed the thermostat and waterpump on and still it over heats and the lower radiator hose is not getting hot, if I rev the motor just 100 rpms over idle it cools right back down also the heat isnt working unless i hold it at 1000 rpms or over
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like a air bubble issue, have you bleed the system ?

no i havnt
plus it takes up to 30 min for this car to reach 210 degrees and it starts climbing faster at 230 degrees

I would try one of these, fill it all the way up and let it sit overnight

https://www.tooltopia.com/lisle-24680.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&adpos=1o1&scid=scplpLIS24680&sc_intid=LIS24680&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzNSNq9ib2AIVFVYNCh2MIgTGEAQYASABEgKLV_D_BwE

Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago

hows it going?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician