Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My issue is with relationship between voltage

Customer Question
regulator/voltmeter & turn signal hazard...
My issue is with relationship between voltage regulator/voltmeter & turn signal hazard switch. Whenever I turn on hazard switch, voltmeter immediately "drops" to negative zero reading, and seems to cause the voltage regulator to no longer function properly. Sometimes by "wiggling" the wires at the voltage regulator, it will then begin to function properly. I don't understand the relationship between the hazard switch engagement, and causing the voltmeter/regulator issues.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Whats the year make and model of the vehicle?

Somehow our "wires" got crossed - I need a Datsun 280Z technician

Im a nissan/inifinity tech, would you like help?

oh you have 2 questions open, please close one

1977 Datsun 280Z

So the ony thing that could cause this is a poor connection somewhere or a bad fuse panel, I would guess maybe bad fuse panel, as when you apply load to the system it heats up and causes issues with or weak links, If this is a car you plan on keeping a while I suggest because if the age of the wiring to update it with a painless performance harness,

hello?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician