Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Driving last night, all of a sudden it started

Customer Question
Driving last night, all...

Driving last night, all of a sudden it started stumbling...felt like it fell on its face...today pulled codes..

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Have 0354,0355,0356,0358,1131,1151,1152

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Yes...starts n drives 2003 F350,5.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes...just pulled codes..

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
12/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 9 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

The dtc p0354 thru 358 are all coil pack related misfire ,do you coil on plug or a coil pack?

click on link to view pdf file on ho to test

the dtc P1131 to 11512 are oxygen sensor lean / rich condition correction , but these faults could be Collateral faults because of the misfire ,so we need to repair misfire first ,clear faults then drive and rescan and see if any of the p1131 comes back up then we deal with it then ,if you need sensor or have exhaust leak etc.

on misfire,run a compression test first,check plugs ,replace ,check coils and replace ,depending coil pac or coil on plug, make sure we have power and ground to the coil and not power issue and make we have no vacuum leaks, smoke test or use starting fluid spray when running around lines and intake

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat