Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Battery died and set off the theft device now the truck wont…

Customer Question
Battery died and set...

Battery died and set off the theft device now the truck wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No, new batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 ford f350- also red theft light is flashing really fast

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am charging the battery now, as of now the starter wont turn over and the horn keeps going off by itself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's about it, thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
12/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

With the batteries fully charged to 12.6 volts. Try both keys in the run position, do both result in a fast flashing theft light?

Anything electronic aftermarket on the vehicle?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Ron, ASE Certified Technician