Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 ford f250 that accelerates on it own I

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 ford f250 that accelerates on it own I replaces the throttle positioning sensor and the pcm. I have a diesel mechanic that works for ford and told me all the wiring going to pcm was ok. It is a 6.4 l diesel what else can be the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle hesitate during acceleration? Or maybe speed up suddenly when you aren't even hitting the gas?

Sometimes it hesitates and another time it accelerates by itself

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No have a diesel mechanic at ford. Replaced pcm and tps

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, there are 3 parts in the fly by wire system - the APP sensor, pcm, and throttle body position sensor

As the wiring is good, the pcm and tp sensor have been replaced, then either the app sensor or the wiring at it are faulty.

The APP sensor should be tested and if bad, the accelerator pedal assembly is replaced as the app sensor is integrated into it and not serviced individually.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I replaced the whole pedal because the tps is on the pedal
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 6 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

good morning

new expert heree.

did you replace the throttle position sensor at the throttle body??

attached is a picture

Roy

It's a diesel the TPS and throttle position is on the pedal

the diagram I sent you is for a diesel.

there is a sensor in the pedal but also one at the throttle body as well.

Roy

any update???

It could not be for a diesel because the picture shows coil on plug but a diesel doesn't have spark plugs