Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a fuel odor on my 2013 SHO which led me to this

Customer Question
I have a fuel...

I have a fuel odor on my 2013 SHO which led me to this forum. The recall #13S04 was associated with it. I called Ford they said my vin did not have that recall but it did have recall 16s31 which according to the Ford rep was for a fuel pump delivery issue leading to the car stalling. That being said is there a fuel odor associated with that recall

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

No on both

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Ford?

Taurus SHO

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus SHO yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just notice the problem, can't see any leaks at all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

The recall that is open on your vehicle is for the fuel pump control module. It can not make a fuel smell. It is strictly an electronic module that can fail so it is inspected and replaced if neccessary.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Thanks for viewing my response. Do you have any more questions on this issue?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!