Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 05 Ford Escape, I'm getting a P0316 and P0304 code…

Customer Question
I have a 05...

I have a 05 Ford Escape, I'm getting a P0316 and P0304 code and I have a service Emission SyS message. Looking for suggestions

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P0316 and P0304. No I have not reset them

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I will be doing it myself. I have not done anything at this point. Just pulled the codes and looked up the possible symptoms.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it for now

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The site is going to prompt you for a call. Please know no call is required and if a call is needed, we will agree to it.

Most likely you will need to replace the ignition coils on cylinder #6 to solve the problem. P0316 is picking up the misfire in the first 1000 rpms which are being caused by the cylinder 4 misfire. This isn't unusual to have both codes together and once you replace the coil it will likely resolve both issues.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you have any more questions for me?

Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help and please remember to rate my answer.

Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician