Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am getting a p0720 code on my 2004 f150 4x4 tritian.

Customer Question
I am getting a...

I am getting a p0720 code on my 2004 f150 4x4 tritian. Changed the output speed sensor and changed the transmission fluid. Found no metal in the transmission pan at all but the truck speedometer is not working and it is still driving in limp mode. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

Two days ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing it my self. I changed transmission fluid, the speed sensor and made sure the range sensor was set correctly.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The truck only really function in reverse properly

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

Where do I find that circuit? Is it on the transmission?

its the connector for the output speed sensor that you replaced

Ok can we continue this tomorrow I have to goto work
I will need time to jack the truck back up and secure everything again will try what was suggested when I get off work tonight and let you know the results

ok, because there alot more to test if that test is ok

Alright I don't want to have to buy a transmission for this truck not when it seems like that is not really my problem

i hear ya

Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 5 months ago

hows it going?

Been raining the last couple of days so I can't get out there under the truck

ok thanks

Ron, ASE Certified Technician