Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cruise control is not working. No I did not, it is Eddie…

Customer Question
Hello, Cruise control is...

Hello, Cruise control is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

No I did not, it is Eddie Bower 2002, 6 Cylinder. I think it is 4.0 liters

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Ford?

Explorer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I did not do any thing yet to the cruise control, also the main light switch is working but no light on my dash, unless I switch the light switch to the manual, the light works.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks, ***** ***** else is working fine.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Does your horn blow and do the brake light work when the brakes are applied?

Okay, there are two common causes for the cruise to fail, one is the brake pressure switch located on the master cylinder and the other is a bad servo providing all fuse check okay. Are you able to do some testing?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician