Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F150 ford truck. Alternator was going out, dash lights were…

Customer Question
F150 ford truck....

F150 ford truck. Alternator was going out, dash lights were out, system said there was a Electrical voltage problem. Alternator was changed. Corrected almost everything. However the headlights don't work high or low. Are fuses and relays the only/ best thing to check?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

What are dashboard bulbs? Does that mean are the dash lights back on. if so, all lights back on and normal, just the headlights don't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F150?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to locate the correct fuse or relay at this time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What fuse may have blown for the headlights from the alternator sending out irregular currents.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 6 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James. Do you have the vin?