Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

97 f150 4x4 electric, on the fly transfer case will not

Customer Question
97 f150 4x4 electric...

97 f150 4x4 electric, on the fly transfer case will not engage. Dash switch pids show the right commands are getting to the GEM module, but cant find the specs for the switch plate on the motor, as to what there condition should be when the motor moves.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Ford F150. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

New 4x4 shift motor installed yesterday on a whim, do have a B1352 code for ignition key chime, so I know the switch on the key tumbler is shorting out as well

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Are you needing the Ford diagnostic steps and wire diagrams? It seems you can diagnose and you need more than it normally is this or that.

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris