Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

The blower on my 2002 Ford Explorer quit working at the same…

Customer Question
The blower on my...

The blower on my 2002 Ford Explorer quit working at the same time a plug burned out on a module mounted just behind the fuse box under the dash. We cut the wires to stop it from burning and now everything thing else seems to work except the auto headlights. There must be some connection. All the fuses are good. I am not able to find a hot line coming to the multi function climate control.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes l and my son were trouble shooting it. My biggest question at this point is what is the module called that the plug burned out on?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked the relay and it is good. I think the problem is with something that controls the relay.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
12/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing your quesiton....

Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

are you talking about the fuse in the passenger fuse box??

I checked the fuse in the passenger bix as well as the one under the hood.
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago
Okay and how about the module you are saying that was burning?
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

its called the daytime running lights control module. get a used one and install. also check connections to headlamps and make sure there are no damage or burned out bulbs

Would that affect the blower?
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

no i wouldnt affect blower. review all fuses underdash and underhood

Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

make sure there is good ground

Could you tell me where I can find a heater system wiring diagram for a 2002 Ford Explorer?
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

which diagram do you need the electrical part of the heater system?

Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

what is the manufacture date of the vehicle??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need a diagram that shows how the fan relay is controlled.
The vehicle was manufactured in April 2002.
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 1 month ago

ok im sending diagram now....

Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 1 month ago

is the fan electrical or is it a fan clutch?? i do not seem to find that diagram

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The heater blower. It is electric
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 1 month ago
Oo the heater blower sorry I thought you were talking about the engine fan
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 1 month ago
Once I get home I will send you the diagram for blower motor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is fine. I will look at it again on Saturday.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That generic drawing you sent me does not help. It needs much more detail. If you cannot find one then tell me. The one you sent is not specific to that vehicle. It needs wire colors and individual wires marked on it.
Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez