Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2013 Ford Edge, the Low oil Pressure signal came on…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 Ford Edge, the Low oil Pressure signal came on and will not stop beeping, constantly. Car is driving fine, perhaps a bit less power then I am used to, when I accelerate. Just wondering if I am okay to drive. Ford is a month out on service appt. Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

No check engine light and not sure about oil pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am not a mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Which engine do you have please, is this the 2.0 or the 3.5?

okay, thank you.

I believe it is the 2.0 but I have to look to know for sure. I am car illiterate, so not sure where I would find that info.

If you can give me the 8th letter in your vin number I can verify engine size for you.

defiantly a 2.0

There is no vin code X are you sure its not a K?

I looked in manual and confirmed it is a 2.0
You still with me?

Okay that should be a T but at either rate, if the engine is not making any unusual noise like rattling this type of problem is usually caused by a failing oil pressure sending unit but before you consider replacing it you should remove the old sending unit and install a manual gauge to read the actual oil pressure to be sure its okay. Normal oil pressure on this engine should be right at 29 to 38 PSI at 2000 RPM. If the pressure checks okay then I would replace the oil pressure sending unit which is located just above the oil filter on the oil filter housing. See the link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zybzl3lc3vpayw9/oil%20pressure%20switch%20Dec%2018.pdf?dl=0

If the car is not driving poorly and or making any noises is it okay to drive for a few days?

Yes, it should be as long as you are not hearing any engine noise.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician